Written by Dyami Millarson
People are looking for ways to earn money online. We would like to offer our readers such an opportunity and increase the monetary reward over time as our Foundation grows. By rewarding people with real payouts, we intend to encourage people to make contributions to the cause of protecting linguistic, cultural, and folkloristic heritage. Although we cannot offer large sums yet, we will try our best to increase the sums we pay to our contributors as our charitable Foundation receives more followers & donations. We do not accept government subsidies since we wish to remain fully independent, i.e. not state-affiliated or state-sponsored. Our Foundation needs followers & donations in order to grow and make more of a difference in the world, and your contributions can help. If donations go down, our payments to contributors will unfortunately have to go down too. We want to create a win-win situation by building an ecosystem which rewards bloggers for contributing to our website. This is our vision and we hope to realise this vision.
It is not much, but what we can currently offer is as follows:
- $0.50 for a well-researched (and fact-checked) article of 400 words.
- $1 for a well-researched article of 800 words.
- $2.50 for a well-researched article of 1600 words.
- $5 for a well-researched article of 3000 words.
Our payouts are calculated in US dollars. We double your reward if your main topic is related to any of the Frisian minority languages which have less than 10,000 native speakers.
Only articles written in English are eligible for the current scheme.
Your article has to conform to our publication guidelines in order to pass the editing phase:
- The subject matter of your contribution has to be related to language, culture and/or folklore. We allow complete artistic freedom for finding your way to explore these topics as long as your contribution clearly touches on one or more of the aforementioned topics.
- No politically sensitive content.
- No religious content.
- No plagiarism.
- No false information. Please do your research.
- Be respectful towards the language and culture you describe. Try to put yourself in their shoes and how they would feel about every word you write.
- Only use images you own. No images from the internet. We want no legal trouble because of accidental copyright infringements, so we do not want to take any risks in that regard.
- Your article has to be original, i.e., published nowhere else.
- Your article is written in proper English.
- Use your real name in the “Written by…” section of your article. Pen names are not allowed for publications on our platform.
Please consider carefully what language and culture you would like to write about if you decide to contribute.
Just to be clear, payouts are only awarded if we decide to publish your contribution on our website. No payments upfront.
Questions are always welcome!
Support Our Work
Enjoyed this article? You may donate to Operation X which is a charitable non-profit organisation specialised in the study and promotion of endangered languages.
You can find our payment options below.
If you want to make a donation via wire transfer, these are the details you need:
Account holder: Stichting Operatie X
IBAN: BE03 9673 0092 5284
Bank address: Avenue Louise 54, Room S52, Brussels, 1050, Belgium
If you want to make a donation via PayPal, you can use this link: https://paypal.me/dmillarson
PayRequest is a secure way you can use to make a donation with credit card: https://payrequest.me/dyamimillarson
Thank you, your support matters to us!